"We try to grab piece of our lives as they speed past us. Photographs freeze those pieces and help us remember how we were. We don't know these lost people but if you look around, you'll find someone just like them." Gene McSweeney

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Respite

This fountain outside a hotel near my work caught my eye, and I really like that I got the birdy in the shot. After I downloaded it though, I wished I had zoomed out more. The yellow in the bottom right corner is the curb of a busy parking lot, and the white at the top is a van dropping off and picking up people at/from the hotel. There was a lot of hustle and bustle around, and blocking it out was my first instinct. Looking at the shot now, though, I think the fountain would have appeared more peaceful when framed with the surrounding goings-on.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Very pretty! : )